Packing for your wedding is an important task, as you want to make sure you have everything you need for the big day. Here are 10 things you should never forget to pack for your wedding from a Las Vegas Wedding Planner:
- Wedding attire: Make sure you have your wedding dress or suit, along with any accessories, such as shoes, jewelry, and a veil or headpiece. Traveling with your wedding dress on a plane requires careful planning to ensure that it arrives at your destination in perfect condition. Before your flight, get in touch with the airline to inquire about their policies and guidelines for carrying a wedding dress on board. Some airlines may allow you to bring it as a carry-on item, while others may require you to pack it in checked baggage. Be sure to ask about any fees or restrictions. Invest in a high-quality, breathable garment bag designed specifically for wedding dresses. Look for a bag that is long enough to accommodate your dress without excessive folding or bunching. Make sure it has a sturdy hanger and handles for easy carrying.
2. Marriage license: Don’t forget this crucial document that legally binds your marriage. Check the requirements in Clark County from the marriage bureau to ensure you have the necessary paperwork. Also, do not forget to bring this with you to your ceremony to make things official!
3. Rings: Keep the wedding bands in a secure place and designate someone to be responsible for them until it’s time for the exchange. You can find the cutest ring boxes to travel with, and don’t forget the jewelry cleaner!
4. Wedding day timeline: Have a detailed schedule of the day’s events, including when and where you need to be, as well as contact information for vendors and the wedding party.
5. Emergency kit: Pack a small kit with essentials like safety pins, sewing kit, stain remover, pain relievers, and any medication you might need.
6. Personal items: Don’t forget your ID, wallet, and any other personal items you might need throughout the day.
7. Wedding vows or speeches: If you’ve written your own vows or speeches, have them printed out or written on note cards so you can reference them during the ceremony or reception. Vow books are super popular right now and a great way to make those vows look picture perfect for photos.
8. Travel Steamer: Steamers are generally gentler on delicate fabrics than traditional irons, which can sometimes cause scorching or shine on certain materials. This makes them a safer option for wedding attire made of silk, chiffon, lace, or other delicate fabrics. You can snag one on Amazon and save money on professional steaming. (While a travel steamer can be a handy tool for your wedding day, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with how to use it properly and test it on a small, inconspicuous area of your attire before using it on your wedding outfit to avoid any potential damage.)
9. Snacks and water: It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and forget to eat or drink, so have some light snacks and water on hand to stay energized and hydrated.
10. Phone charger and power bank: You’ll likely want to capture many moments on your phone, so make sure it’s charged and bring a power bank to ensure it stays powered up throughout the day.
Remember that it’s a good idea to delegate the responsibility of packing and organizing these items to a trusted friend or family member if possible so that you can focus on enjoying your special day without worrying about the details.